Property Styling Tips
Make your property more attractive to buyers with these simple ideas
Listing your property for sale can be both exciting and terrifying, however some small changes can make a big impact on your property’s attractiveness and ultimately the selling price.
Make an entrance – Front Yard
- Add interest to your doorway with potted plants
- Pave a pathway to your front door
- Spruce up your front door with a coat of paint
- Consider improving privacy by adding a low wall at the front of your house
- If your hallway is narrow and dark paint it a light colour and add a broad floor runner
- Invest in a new front door mat
Living Style – Lounge Room
- Use neutral colours in your living space
- Use receding colours like blues and greens to make the small space seem larger
- Find a focus in your room. If you don’t have a natural focus, add a feature wall
- Ensure your carpets are cleaned
- Ensure marked or damaged timber floors are re-sanded and polished
- Layout your living area to show how you live there
The Room That Sells – Kitchens
- Fix the floor by lifting old lino and replacing it with new lino, polished floorboards or tiles
- If your benchtops are scratched or stained, replace them with new laminate benchtops
- New cupboard and drawer handles will add life to an old kitchen
- A fresh coat of paint will cover cooking splatters and add life to a drab kitchen
- Kitchen clutter must be cleared
Soak Up a Sale – Bathroom
- Your bathroom must be spotless and tiles clean
- Fix or replace cracked basins, toilets or tubs
- Air your bathroom before inspections – bad smells are a buyer turn off!
- Add a little luxury with plump towels, handmade soaps, a plant or flowers
- Add some boutique bath products
- If your bathroom is small maximise space by putting the towel rail behind the door
Sleeping In Style
- Reduce the amount of furniture in small bedrooms to give the impression of space
- Storage is important – consider adding built-in wardrobes
- Add a little luxury with fresh linen, puffed pillows and extra cushions
- Dimmer switches create atmosphere in a bedroom
- De-personalise your bedroom but add little touches like candles and perfume bottles
Step Outside – Backyard
- Trim your lawns and weed your garden beds
- Defining your garden bed borders
- Add a focal point
- Give the illusion of space in a courtyard by using large pavers
- Introduce colour with pots of whatever is in flower
- Ensure all areas have been dusted, vacuumed and place new light globes in all rooms
- Add colour to neutral rooms through accessories
- Keep window treatments simple
- Disguise small windows: hang curtains from the top of the wall not the top of the window
- Add elegance by extending your curtain drop so it pillows on the floor
- Don’t go overboard with patterned accessories as they create a cluttered feeling
Network Realty are based in Cleveland and know and are a part of the Commercial property arena.
We can help your find your dream home. We also specialise in Commercial properties. Check out out listings using the menus above.
Network Realty know the Bayside and can help you get the best price for your property.
Network realty has a wide range of rental listings. Click Here to View Listings to find your place.
For owners we offer free rental appraisals and can manage your rental property professionally.